- Further develop their design and planning skills by undertaking public service projects outside the United States;
- Engage and support agencies and public service non-governmental organizations in such projects; and
- Enhance Conway’s graduate program and benefit current students by having returning Bird Fellows present at Conway.
The Bird Fellowship, established in honor of longtime friend of the school David Bird by his family and friends, is given annually to graduates of the Conway School.
Conway is not currently accepting applications for the Bird Fellowship. Contact Bruce Stedman with questions.
Past fellows include:
- Gioia Kuss ’99 was the 2015-2016 David Bird International Service Fellow, and traveled to Rancho Mastatal in Costa Rica.
- Rachel Jackson ’12 was the 2014-2015 David Bird International Service Fellow, and traveled to the Savou family farm in Fiji.
- Abrah Dresdale ’10 was the 2013-14 David Bird International Service Fellow, and traveled to southeast India’s Sadhana Forest.
- Elizabeth Cooper ’10 was the 2012-13 David Bird International Service Fellow, working in Southeast Asia, with a home base in Kuala Lumpur.
- Jesse Froehlich ’08 was the 2011-12 David Bird International Service Fellow and was in Bali, Indonesia in the fall of 2011.
- Aran Wiener ’09 served as Conway’s 2010-11 David Bird Fellow, engaged in six weeks of sustainable design assistance to a small village in Bali in the fall of 2010.
- Alicia Batista ’07 and Kyle Haley ’09 served in Summit Park in Panama City, Panama, as the 2009-2010 David Bird Fellows.
Support the David Bird International Service Fellowship
If you would like to make a contribution to the David Bird International Service Fellowship, please contact Bruce Stedman, Interim Administrator, at (413) 369-4044, or firstname.lastname@example.org.