The David Bird International Service Fellowship was established to provide opportunities for recent Conway graduates to:
- Further develop their design and planning skills by undertaking public service projects outside the United States;
- Engage and support agencies and public service non-governmental organizations in such projects; and
- Enhance Conway’s graduate program and benefit current students by having returning Bird Fellows in residence at Conway.
The Bird Fellowship, established in honor of longtime friend of the school David Bird by his family and friends, is given annually to recent graduates of the Conway School.
- Elizabeth Cooper ’10 was the 2012-13 Bird International Service Fellow, working in Southeast Asia, with a home base in Kuala Lumpur.
- Jesse Froehlich ’08 was the 2011-12 Bird International Service Fellow and was in Bali, Indonesia in the fall of 2011.
- Aran Wiener ’09 served as Conway’s 2010-11 Bird Fellow, engaged in six weeks of sustainable design assistance to a small village in Bali in the fall of 2010.
- Alicia Batista ’07 and Kyle Haley ’09 served in Summit Park in Panama City, Panama, as the 2009-2010 Bird Fellows.
Support the David Bird International Service Fellowship
If you would like to make a contribution to the David Bird International Service Fellowship, please contact Paul Hellmund, Director, at (413)369-4044, ext. 4, or email@example.com.