On February 28 from 9-4, come see innovative design and planning solutions to six real-world projects and hear three distinguished professionals offer helpful criticism. Delicious locally catered lunch is included!
In the winter term, Conway graduate students are split into groups of 2-3 and given large-scale ecological design and/or planning projects. They follow a coherent, logical process of site analysis and assessment to develop designs and recommendations shaped by that information. The design solutions strive to fit the particular needs of the clients to the specific ecology of the site and uphold the school’s mission. Comments received at the presentations will help guide revisions the students will make over the final weeks of the term.
Observing formal presentations will be helpful for prospective students, prospective clients, alumni, members of the community, and anyone else interesting in learning about the Conway School. The six winter term projects presented on February 28 are:
- Open Space and Recreation Plan for Leicester, MA
- “Placemaking Ideabook” for the Holyoke Innovation District
- Integration of a former parking lot into a public park in Keene, NH
- Food Security Plan for Springfield, MA
- “Green Streets Guidebook” for Holyoke, MA
- Scenic Corridor Study in southern Connecticut
* The back-up snow date is Monday, March 3. *